Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Welcome To Hell.

Probably right off, some of you are wondering why it's called Bunny's Cosplay Hell rather than something like Bunny's Cosplay Paradise or Bunny's Cosplay Heaven, or any number of romanticized afterlife(s).  If you're asking I'd wonder how long you had been in the circuit...or how did you get to be so incredibly lucky that all of your cosplay endeavors have left you basking in the ethereal light of getting it right the first time instead of slamming your head against the desk wondering if the blunt force trauma will kill you before you drown in the pool of your tears and shame.

Okay, so that's probably a little over dramatic...and it probably leaves you wondering why the hell someone does something like this in the first place (and  if I even have enough braincells left to complete any sort of task related to cosplay).  It's another reason it's my personal hell. I'm constantly tempted by such bright, beautiful characters who have such AMAZING clothes that I simply MUST re-create.  I then spend all my free time and money diving into the new project, it consumes me, I think about it constantly, I doodle pictures of it while I'm supposed to be paying attention to my drafting teacher, and then everything goes all wrong and I spend an hour crying in the shower while eating increasingly soggy cake,

And then suddenly, a light comes through!  I have somehow managed to crap out another socially acceptable costume.  I think "I'll never do that again"...then another character is introduced to me and the cycle inevitably starts all over again.

But, you know what, somehow through it all, I love it!  This is my baby and I willing to share it with you.  You will find success stories here but, probably more often than not, I'm going to be real with you - you'll get to see all my mistakes, all the things that I did wrong, and probably more than one picture of me drowning in a sea of sorrow and shame...it could be very entertaining for you, and possibly educational.  I think I learn more from people telling me what they did wrong, then what they did right.  Hopefully my slowly depreciating self worth that will erode quicker and quicker as con season approaches, will help you find a boost of confidence or a little nugget of information that will help you out of your own private hell as you construct your own costumes.

I suppose you'll want to know a little more about me and what it is I do when I'm not frantic at a sewing machine or bored out of my gourd, gluing on a zillion beads to a skirt (keep your eyes open for that one folks, it's an upcoming Babydoll from SuckerPunch project).  I thought I'd go old school and post a Character Sheet for myself a la manga books :)

Name: Bunny
Age: 26
Birthday Day: March 4
Astrological Sign: Pisces
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 145 - let's hope that changes soon!
Blood Type: Honestly, I dunno
Hobbies: Sewing, Designing, Pole Dancing, Video Games
Favorite Colors: Dusty Rose, Champagne, Chocolate
Favorite Gemstone: Pink Sapphire
Favorite Food: Popcorn and Funfetti Cake!
Least Favorite Food: Cheesecake - gross!
Favorite Beverage: Champagne, Lemon Water
Least Favorite Beverage:  Carbonated Sodas - that make my tummy hurt
Favorite School Subject: Computer Aided Fashion Design
Least Favorite School Subject: Draping
Strengths: Perseverance, Problem Solving
Weakness: Procrastinator, Easily Distracted
Physical Description: Currently, blonde hair, blue eyes, pale (all that sewing no time for the summer sun!), with a little extra fluff.

Enjoy the blog, feel free to ask questions and I will try to answer as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment